That would be me.
Sometimes I’ve got things to say, sometimes not.
And other times I am limited by the amount of time taken up by other things. Like my three darlings.
The rundown here since D Paul has been away:
1. The kids are still alive, as am I. There was one night where things got a little ugly (read: Q Man had one of his level 10 meltdowns and *may* have been put in his room….naked….while I finished bathing the other two.) In defense of myself, I couldn’t leave the other two in the tub unattended, and there was NO getting him diapered and dressed. Believe me, I tried.
2. This week is spring break, and I’ve managed to get some fun stuff in so far – went to see the New York City Ballet at the Kennedy Center last night (really, really good….although 3 dancers fell, which is somewhat unusual). The trip home at 10:30 at night was hindered by the fact that I hate, hate, hate driving in DC and typically get lost leaving the Kennedy Center. Elizabeth and I came home by way of….Virginia. (It should be noted that we both live in Maryland. Um, yeah…..) I knew it was bad when we were crossing the bridge leading to Arlington Cemetery, and then I ended up on 395 going the wrong way. Have I mentioned how much I hate driving in DC? Yes?
3. Tomorrow morning we leave for the magical and wondrous land of Grammy and PopPop’s house. The kids are excited. I am looking forward to having backup. And eating food from my homeland.
4. I am newly enamored of my refurbished Kindle Fire that was purchased last last week for the bargain price of $140. It looks like new. It works like new. I am a very happy camper.
5. In a related note to item 4, I have read the entire Hunger Games trilogy since last Friday. (In answer to your questions, yes, I am a fast reader…more with fiction than with something where I’m actually trying to gain knowledge). I am now looking forward to seeing the movie and determining if I am pleased or not pleased with their version of things. (Yes, yes, I know, when in the world am I going to have time to go to the movies? I don’t know…a girl can dream….)
Not the most interesting blog entry. Hmmm. I need to take more photos. Let me add that to my to do list.
See you again when I post. It could be tomorrow or 3 weeks from tomorrow. Who knows?
I SO feel your pain about driving in DC. I nearly always get lost unless my husband is navigating with his phone. The only place that I can consistently find my way to and from is the Zoo. I am very thankful that Metro takes me most places that I need to go in DC. Enjoy the homeland… we’ll be there this weekend as well. 🙂